Swim Team Information
Coaches: Barbara van Riessen: 662-588-4493 (email@example.com)
Mendy Foster: 662-719-3559
What do I need to know about the MAIS swim meet?
- Arrive early (warm up times will be announced). Swimmers must check in with their coach upon arriving to the swim meet. This is not only essential for us to know who’s there, but it will allow us to put together relays as well.
- Bring double everything – ideally, that means a suit, cap, and goggles in case something breaks, tears, or is misplaced.
- You can never have enough dry towels!!!
- Parents, expect it to be warm, if not hot, up in the stands where you will be watching your swimmer(s). In contrast, your swimmer(s) will be getting in and out of cold water, so it is a good idea to pack a swim parka or sweatshirt to help your swimmer(s) to keep their muscles warm.
- Pack a small cooler with healthy snacks and water. Meets can be long, and you want to ensure your swimmer(s) stay hydrated and energized.
- The pool deck is a crowded place with bags, towels, and shoes everywhere! Somehow swimmers just make it work! But remember to label everything! For parents, the bleachers are usually pretty crowded as well. Dress in layers so you can be comfortable no matter what! (Remember those roasting temperatures up there).
- Bring cash. Parents will need to pay for entry and purchase a heat sheet for the meet so you will know the line-up and when your swimmer(s) will swim. This will also help you to gauge how long you will be waiting between events, and how long the actual meet will be. Parents usually highlight their child’s races to make it easier to follow. In addition, it wouldn’t be a swim meet if you didn’t purchase snacks from the concession stand! 😊
- Bring a sharpie. Why? Depending on the age of your swimmer, they may find it helpful to write the event numbers, races, heat #, and lane # on their arms. This is a swimmer thing.
The most important thing? Enjoy it! While swimming is considered individual sport, we are all on the same team, and everyone supports everyone else like a family! The web site is a great resource, to gather information and stay on task for practice changes etc., but so are other parents. So, if this is all new to you, don’t be afraid to ask questions!
The MAIS Swim Meet will be Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019 at the Lakeland Courthouse/University Wellness Center in Flowood, MS. Warmups begin at 7:30am for some age groups.
University Wellness Center
2625 Courthouse Circle
Flowood, MS 39232
Need more information? Click here!
For more information about the MAIS SWIM MEET - CLICK HERE.
Please note the dates have changed!