Monday Meeting in Ms. Layman’s room if you are interested in participating in the NEW Student Newspaper during Break. Get your food and drink and come to her classroom. See Travis Coopwood if you have any questions. The Homecoming Court vote will be online this year. Check your Bayou Academy Students email—Vote today. Seniors, your votes will start at 10:00. COLTS (Center of Learning & Therapy Services) meeting tonight at 6pm. Our Lady Colts soccer team is playing today here at home against Pillow. JV 4:00 and V at 5:15 Tuesday Softball – Home vs. Washington 5:00pm (B) 6:30pm (A) Wednesday We will hear student council speeches during 1st period in the following rooms: 7th – Mrs. McIntyre 8th – Mrs. Doty 9th – Mrs. Buford 10th – Mrs. Woodruff 11th – Mrs. Braswell 12th – Ms. Marquis There will be a student council meeting 7 th through 12 th grade in the HS Lab tomorrow at 12:30 Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Homecoming Court! 9th: Mary Cambre Lee, Mary Carson Norwood 10th: Mallie Britt, Katelyn Lusk 11th: Ella Langston, Morgan Mounce 12th: Gracie Crowe, Sydney Davis, Mary Claire Martin FCA Meeting tomorrow at 7:30. Juniors in charge of food. Students need to bring $20 dues!
- FCA Meeting – 7:30am! Bring $20 dues!
- Lady Colts Soccer @ Pillow Academy – 4:00pm
- Jr. High Football scrimmage – 5:45pm
- PeeWee Football Home vs. PDS – 7:00pm
- Blue Jeans for Brights – pay $5 and wear your blue jeans! Elementary: You must pay your $5 to your homeroom teacher. JH/HS: You must pay your $5 to your ENGLISH teacher by 8am Friday morning. ALL money collected will go to the Bright Family (Dallas & Karen Bright) to help them with any needs they have after Karen’s recent hospitalization. Please consider helping with this worthy cause!
- Grammy Museum Youth Leadership Council applications can be picked up in the office. They are due TODAY.
- Varsity Football @ Indianola Academy – 7:00pm – WHITE OUT – wear white!
- Coming Up:
School Day Pictures:
Monday, August 26: K3 thru 1st grade
Tuesday, August 27: 2nd– 6th grades
Wednesday, August 28th: 7th – 9th grades
Thursday, August 29th: 10th – 11th grades
Friday, August 30th: Make-Up Day
Tuesday, Sept. 3rd: Senior Boys
Wednesday, Sept 4th: Senior Girls
Thursday, Sept. 5th: Senior Girls
**All Seniors must bring a $25 sitting fee to Mr. Bill Powell the morning of their pictures. Checks should be made out to William Powell Photography.**
- Labor Day – no school – Sept. 2nd
- Grandparent’s Night/Book Fair – September 9th
- Bayou Bash – Oct. 26th @ Airport Grocery – Mark your calendars!
- STUDENTS: Teachers have been picking up water bottles in their classrooms that are not being thrown away. You will lose this privilege if you cannot clean up after yourselves!
- Students that will be driving their vehicles on campus need to bring their driver’s license to the high school office and get a parking permit & decal.
- Remember all spirit wear (on Fridays) needs to be from player’s sports packs or from Patron’s League. EVERYONE must still wear uniform regulated bottoms.
- The weight room rotations will begin next week, everyone continues to stay in your assigned class.
- Reminder – no tardy bells so move to your classes quickly!
- The PeeWee Football schedule has been added to our google calendar. Don’t forget to subscribe to our calendar so you’ll always know what’s happening at the school!
- We are growing and we need your help! As you know, each family is required to volunteer at least 6 hours each year. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to find opportunities to do your part. This year, we are using Sign Up Genius to keep volunteer opportunities organized. Please view our webpage and see where you can help! Scroll down to view links to all of our signups. Be sure to look for your grade when signing up for either a JV or Varsity football game this fall. If that date does not work for you and your family, feel free to sign up for another game! If you have any questions throughout the year, please contact us at email@example.com or for volunteer questions, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark your calendars for Oct. 26th – we will have Bayou Bash @ Airport Grocery! This will be a fun time for everyone!
Football Parking Spaces
Bayou Academy Foundation is selling football parking spaces! We have a few spaces left open and one could have your name on it! Spaces are $350 for the first year, and $300 for renewals. If you are interested in purchasing a space, please contact Allen Towles at email@example.com ASAP! These will go quickly, so don’t wait!