This list of announcements will be updated daily. Please check back to this list everyday!
Monday MEET THE COLTS TONIGHT @ 6:30pm See Ms. Claire if you are interested in running for Student Council by FRIDAY. See Mrs. Ann Marie if you are interested in joining Bayou Blues Choir. Elementary yearbooks (from last year) will be going home! Tuesday Softball @ Pillow Academy 4:00 (B) & 5:30 (A) PeeWee Football Pictures – 4:30pm Yearbooks will be passed out from last year. Please check backpacks! Wednesday Lady Colts Soccer @ Washington – 4:00 (JV) & 5:45 (V) If you ordered a yearbook and have not received it, have your child see an Annual Staff member so they can check. If you ordered a calendar from cheerleaders and haven’t received it, it will be going home with your child today.
- Varsity Football Jamboree @ Tri-County Academy – 5:30pm
- Deadline is TOMORROW if you are interested in Student Council. See Ms. Claire in room 17!
- Today is the LAST DAY to sign up for Student Council!
- Softball @ Home vs. Canton Academy – 3pm
- Coming Up:
- MONDAY, August 19 – Meeting in Ms. Layman’s room if you are interested in participating in the NEW Student Newspaper during Break. Get your food and drink and come to her classroom. See Travis Coopwood if you have any questions.
- WEDNESDAY, Augist 21 – We will hear student council speeches during 1st period in the following rooms: 7th – Mrs. McIntyre, 8th – Mrs. Doty, 9th – Mrs. Buford, 10th – Mrs. Woodruff, 11th – Mrs. Braswell, 12th – Ms. Marquis.
- Class pictures will be taken August 26th-30th.
- K3-1st – August 26th
- 2nd-6th – August 27th
- 7th-11th – TBA – August 28th-29th
- Makeup Day – August 30th
- Senior Portraits – September 3rd-5th
- Grandparent’s Night/Book Fair – September 9th
- Bayou Bash – Oct. 26th @ Airport Grocery – Mark your calendars!
- STUDENTS: Teachers have been picking up water bottles in their classrooms that are not being thrown away. You will lose this privilege if you cannot clean up after yourselves!
- Elementary carpool times are changing to better coordinate with the high school side. Afternoon carpool for the elementary will begin at 3:00pm.
- Students that will be driving their vehicles on campus need to bring their driver’s license to the high school office and get a parking permit & decal.
- Reminder – no tardy bells so move to your classes quickly!
- No backpacks in cafeteria. You can take it to your next class before going to break. We need to conserve space!
- The PeeWee Football schedule has been added to our google calendar. Don’t forget to subscribe to our calendar so you’ll always know what’s happening at the school!
- Grammy Museum Youth Leadership Council applications can be picked up in the office. They are due August 23.
Patron’s League News
- We are growing and we need your help! As you know, each family is required to volunteer at least 6 hours each year. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to find opportunities to do your part. This year, we are using Sign Up Genius to keep volunteer opportunities organized. Please view our webpage and see where you can help! Scroll down to view links to all of our signups. Be sure to look for your grade when signing up for either a JV or Varsity football game this fall. If that date does not work for you and your family, feel free to sign up for another game! If you have any questions throughout the year, please contact us at email@example.com or for volunteer questions, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark your calendars for Oct. 26th – we will have Bayou Bash @ Airport Grocery! This will be a fun time for everyone!
Football Parking Spaces
Bayou Academy Foundation is selling football parking spaces! We have a few spaces left open and one could have your name on it! Spaces are $350 for the first year, and $300 for renewals. If you are interested in purchasing a space, please contact Allen Towles at email@example.com ASAP! These will go quickly, so don’t wait!